Saturday, June 11, 2011

Murdoch Mysteries (2008-Present) TV

9/10 [highly recommended]
TV series, 2008-present, 4 seasons Never thought a crime solving show based in the 1890's can be so exciting!

Based in Toronto, Canada, with reference to many other cities in Canada, police Inspector William Murdoch takes a new, more scientific approach to solving crimes. Assisted by coroner Dr. Julia Ogden and Constable George Crabtree, Murdoch introduces such concepts as finger marks and lie detecting machines.

Amazing and realistic acting from the 4 main leads, customer design, intriguing story lines, many plot twists and references to technology advances (like Kodac camera and microwaves) make Murdoch Mysteries one of the most exciting series I've seen in a long time.

I loved the original CSI and Law Order SVU but with crime series piling up endlessly (CSI: NY, CSI Miami, Criminal Mind, NCIS, NCIS:LA) I became very turned off of crime shows. That is till now....

I found a new enjoyment for this show as it engages in history, technology development and plot twists.

I never thought a Sherlock type crime solving show would so exciting and thrilling. At times I find CSI gets very repetitive, but never once did I feel Murdoch Mysteries to be repetitive.

Please do check out this series! I highly recommend it! Canadians can and do make good shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...