Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

9.5/10 [HIGHLY RECOMMENDED]
An exhilarating finish to a magnificent series. Nostalgia

Harry Potter has been part of my life for as long as I can remember. It is the book that has allowed me to see the joy in reading, so I feel very personal appreciation for the series.

The action is non-stop in this movie while staying true to the book. Never did I once feel like the movie was rushing or dragging out the story.

The acting is prefect, refined and to the point. Every character is portrayed beautifully with a respectable send off to the series. The trio Daniel Radcliff, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint has carried this franchise so brilliantly and finished with an emotional compelling performance. Alan Rickmangave one of the most powerful and stunning performance of a character so tortured by his beliefs and love.

There are many sequences where I would be baffled if people didn't stifle a tear or choke a little. The flash back scene withSnapeHarry's realization of the truth scene, Neville's opposing stance scene, Lupin and Tonks lying next to each other scene...


There are so many prevailing themes in the book and equally in the movie. Belief, trust, redemption, love, determination, life and death.

Cinematography was done perfectly to show us . The special effects was done exquisitely, , bringing us right into the middle of each battle scene and each scenery.

I have been excited about this movie ever since the book came out in 2007, the year I graduated from high school. The final installment of the 7th movie finally arrived this year, which is also the year I graduated from University. It feels like the end of an era.

The end of the movie brought a smile and a tear. Bitter sweet as I came to realize that Harry Potter franchise has carried me from childhood, into high school years and past my Bachelors degree. Harry Potter not only initiated my love for reading but the series will always be my key down nostalgia lane.

I am definitely going to miss seeing this amazing cast together...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...