Friday, June 1, 2012

Haywire (2011)

5/10

Meh

Haywire is about  a black ops super soldier seeks payback after she is betrayed and set up during a mission.

ok, plot sounded exciting but the film was far from it. Many parts of Haywire didn't make sense, there was odd use of sound effects, and scenarios were extremely un-captivating .

The genre this film is labelled under are "action" and "thriller, so my expectation going into it was exactly that. I turned on this movie on a friday night, hoping to kick back to something similar to the Bourne films, but rather I received a rather dull movie and a very un-fulfilling performance from the main actress. This film felt more like a drama then thriller.

The main part of this film that captured my attention was the star-studded cast and the idea of a super spy film. I guess I had too high of an expectation going into this film but with a cast of Michael Douglas, Antonio Banderas, Ewan McGregor, Michael Fassbender, and Channing Tatum, can you blame me?

Haywire tried to hard to be a sophisticated spy film that it forgot to have a good storyline and thrill to go with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...