Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pitch Perfect (2012)

7.5/10 [Recommended]

Witty, funny with a fairly good acting from a fair fresh cast.

Plot: Beca, a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining The Bellas, her school's all-girls singing group. Injecting some much needed energy into their repertoire, The Bellas take on their male rivals in a campus competition.


 When I started watching this, I didn't expect to have liked it so much. I am not a fan of Glee, with the poor storyline and horrid dialogue, so I didn't have much expectations for Pitch Perfect. However, I was truly surprised by Pitch Perfect and its perfect package with the hilarious scenarios, witty dialogue and fairly decent acting.

The many FANTASTIC one liners, love those to pieces! Hats off to the writers ( Kay Cannon for screenplay and Mickey Rapkin for the book) and the cast for the perfect delivery. Here's a sample of some of my favourite lines:


  • I ate my twin in the womb.
  • I set fires to feel joy.
  • Thank god I asked to go to the bathroom 3 hours ago.
  • Lesbi-honest
  • Im going to pip slap you so hard your man-boobs will concave.
  • At least its not herpes or do you have that as well.
  • Its probably just god punishing you for being a ginger. - watch this in the credits Sisters before misters.


Anna Kendrick, was awesome. She includes many small gestures and expressions in every scene to give the film dynamic, allowing this film to shine and escape the flatness that entraps many of these Cinderella type stories. and Brittany Snow, I fairly enjoyed her performance as well.

The ending is very predictable, but what was really classy about Pitch Perfect was the fact that the film recognizes its predictable ending.

Definitely rewatching this again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...