Friday, August 12, 2011

City Island (2009)

 6/10
If you thought your family was disfunctional...wait till you meet these guys
The Rizzos, a family who doesn't share their habits, aspirations, and careers with one another, find their delicate web of lies disturbed by the arrival of a young ex-con (Strait) brought home by Vince (Garcia), the patriarch of the family, who is a corrections officer in real life, and a hopeful actor in private.

City Island started off quick but the story dwindles towards the middle. The slowness in the middle of the film almost lost my interest, but I am glad I stuck to it till the end. As the climax unfolds on a street, no less, and is fairly exciting and well acted.

Not the funniest movie I have seen, it is quite exaggerated, but I guess that's the point of film.

The climax scene is worth watching if you can sit through a slower middle section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...