Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sky High (2005)

3/10

Entertaining little film that is fairly predictable

Set in a world where superheroes are commonly known and accepted, young Will Stronghold, the son of the Commander and Jetstream, tries to find a balance between being a normal teenager and an extraordinary being. (imdb)

**Spoiler Alert**

I wanted to watch a relaxing and simple film but not too sure how I stumbled upon this one in particular. Sky High is entertaining with a ton of different super powers, some more unusual than others...like the ability to control plants. The special effects is cute and fitting for a Disney movie.


I chose this film mostly for the cast and did not expect to feel so split between who I would be supporting. Mary Elizabeth Winstead has always been one of my favourite actresses, and I love Michael Angarano from Will and Grace. So about a quater into the film I when I realized that Winstead as the antagonist and Angarano as the protagonist, I felt at lost. In the end though, I felt that I was supporting Winstead and her gang of super villains.

The final ingenious evil plan is extremely silly and made me laugh.

Overall,  Sky High is not bad as it is definitely not your typical superhero save denzel in distress story. But sadly it is a bit too predicable and not overly epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...