Saturday, December 22, 2012

Better Off Dead (1985)

5/10 

 Better off not watching this film. It's hard to really like this film when you can't stand the protagonist

What redeems this film is the weird/crazy/wacky/quirky/bizarre group of supporting characters.

John Cusack's character Lane Meyer, is a spoiled teen who can't seem to be relied on and is overly obsessed over Beth, a girl who doesn't really have much personality but somehow everyone likes her...reminds me of Bella from a movie saga that must-not-be-named.

This film wanted to be one bizarre/hilarious/fun adventure but it just ended up skimming the surface of all these categories. Better Off Dead tried but it just didn't succeed in my books. I much prefer Teen wolf or Breakfast Club or Back to the Future or or Honey I Shrank the Kids. This flick just didn't have any deeper meaning to it, and the comedic element it wasn't there.

1 comment:

  1. This is a classic. I think your rating is a bit harsh. 6.5 or 7. The comedy, storyline, and acting was on key! Cusack is a legend! "I want my TWO DOLLARS is a classic comedy line!"

    One Crazy Summer is another classic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...