Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oblivion (2013)

6.5/10

Good graphics but poor plot

Plot: A veteran assigned to extract Earth's remaining resources begins to question what he knows about his mission and himself.

I was captivated by the plot but this didn't last long as the film rolled to its conclusion. I have a serious love/hate relationship with this Oblivion, and I'll summarize it:

Love: I'll start off on a positive note, the graphics of Oblivion is well done. I, having scene and worked in VFX, know how difficult it is to do a simple scene let alone an entire film. From my past experience (though brief) felt the landscape of the CGI is a good one.

Hate: The story wasn't that captivating and left many unanswered questions life what happened to the other "clones" on earth. Also the big reveal at the climax didn't really lead to a bit twist that left me in awe, rather it was a lull.

Love: The colour filter is classy and the filming style reminds me of Minority Report and IRobot. The fact that I was more distracted by the visual appeal than the story line tells you a thing or two of this film.

Hate: LONG and dragging. IMDB users giving it a 7.2 rating boggles the mind, this film wasn't that great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...