Friday, December 10, 2010

When In Rome (2010)



7/10

Quirky, funny and adorable romantic comedy with a good cast.

When in Rome revolves around Beth, a young, ambitious New Yorker who is completely unlucky in love. However, on a whirlwind trip to Rome, she impulsively steals some coins from a reputed fountain of love, and is then aggressively pursued by a band of suitors. (IMDB)

I love the cast of When in Rome from the leads, Kristen Bell and Jason Duhamel to the supports Lee Pace, Will Arnett, Jon Heder, Dax Shepard and Danny Devito. The supporting cast of suitors are awkwardly cute and funny. Very genuine and believable performance. I wish Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies) had more screen time, as I absolutely love him. Kristen Bell is such a great actress,

The storyline is very quirky and fairy tale like, which made the film very adorable and light. I fell in love with the characters easily, thus enjoying the film came naturally.

Like all rom coms (romantic comedies) the ending is predictable and follow similar storyline but When In Rome is unique in the sense that it had a very wide range of wacky but lovable characters. Because of the characters and the actors/actresses that portrayed them increased my appreciation for this film.

Also this film made me chuckle and laugh numerous times throughout...never failing to make me smile. Overall I really enjoyed it. There's also a bit of twist in the end, which I did not foresee.

The end credit scene finishes the film perfectly.

And there seems to be a lot of running in this film, made me want to go for a jog myself!

"To love someone is to put their needs above your own..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...