Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Sassy Girl (2001)

7/10

Sweet and silly story

Plot: Based on a series of true stories posted by Ho-sik Kim on the Internet describing his relationship with his girlfriend...

The Korean My Sassy Girl is such a silly and sweet movie. I didn't think I would like this film much but it captured my attention. It wasn't the story, that itself was simple, but it is the way the story is told and how the movie is put together. We are constantly given scenes where win our minds we jump to one conclusion but in reality it is not that case.

This film is almost like serendipity but the two seem to continuously miss each other at key moments. "There's a time and season for every matter"

Kyun-woo (Tae-hyun Cha) is hilarious as the guy lead. Talk about having bad luck and can't explain yourself. I love seeing Kyun-woo get beat up by the girl (Gianna Jun), and the completely wild dares the girl tells Kyun-woo to do. The shoe exchange, now that was awesome. The girl, her complete disregard for things at times, scares me but eventually she grows on you.

My Sassy Girl is silly, wild, hysterical and a lot of fun to watch. Though at times a bit slow paced, the humor makes up for it. Overall, a good rom-com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...